Author(s): Dr. Seuss Properties
Publisher: Random House, Year: 2008
A Page for Parents
These activities are perfect for kindergarten and first-grade
children. They are inspired by the many wonderful writings and
drawings of Dr. Seuss. There are funny words to read, easy activities
to do, new things to learn, and math problems to solve. With this
activity book, your child can have “fun that is funny” while
learning reading and math readiness skills.
How can you and your child get the MOST FUN
out of this book?
• Pick a comfortable spot to work in—one with plenty of light.
• Choose a time when your child is able to concentrate.
• Gather crayons, markers or colored pencils and get your child
ready to fill in the spaces on each page.
• Give lots of encouragement!
• Read the words aloud to your child. Listen to them. Point to
the pictures. Laugh at them. Dr. Seuss’s words and pictures
are fun, and fun is good.
• Words and numbers are here, there, and everywhere! When
you’re driving in your car with your child along a familiar
route, read the signs aloud. Maybe next time your child will
read the signs to you.
• And remember, children develop at different paces. These
activities were created for kindergarten and first-grade
children, but this is only a guide. Children may enjoy doing
the activities in this book even if they are younger or older
than those grade levels.